Case Study: Zeshan Qureshi
Unofficial Guide to Medical Research and the Unofficial Guide to Radiology: Chest
Published: January 2015 + January 2017
Your Experience Before Working With Sam Pearce and SWATT Books
- What were you doing for book design prior to working with us?
Before, I was working with another company in the UK who we outsourced graphic design to.
- Summarise three points of frustration you faced?
Length of time the work took.
The number of errors in the work.
Potential for a better design.
- What was the big “Aha!” moment when you realised that you needed a professional book designer?
Just knowing things could, in theory, be better, and lots of the errors seemed to be things that I could have picked up myself.
- How did you hear about our service?
Thorough internet search.
- Why did you choose us over other design options?
Friendly, professional, and initial great ideas that just needed to be followed through!
Your Experience Working With Us
- Describe your experiences working with us?
My experience of working with Sam has been excellent. She managed a careful balance between listening and applying her professional experience to produce literally award-winning designs for not one but two textbooks.
- What element of our service did you feel helped you the most?
Rapidly responding to queries, and always putting excellence first, no matter what.
- How does our service differ from other designers you have worked with in the past?
The biggest difference has been the overall quality. With Sam’s designs, we have won multiple awards for the design of The Unofficial Guide to Medical Research, Audit and Teaching and for The Unofficial Guide to Radiology: 100 Practice CXRs. This takes expertise, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills—all of which Sam has in abundance!
- What was your initial reaction when you received your finished books?
Extremely happy—way beyond what I thought was possible, and very beautiful, and functional.
- How many books have you sold so far?
50,000 as of April 2018.
- What has been the general reaction of your readers to the book?
They have loved it! Literally no complaints!
- How much of that success would you attribute to the design?
Design is key to functionality and to engagement, so the book wouldn’t have been successful without such a brilliant design.
- What three words would you use to describe your experience working with us?
- What is the single biggest reason you would recommend our service?
Bespoke designs, tailored to your needs, giving you designs in line with your vision, but beyond your competence!