Case Study – Zeshan Qureshi
“Unofficial Guide to Medical Research” + “Unofficial Guide to Radiology: Chest”
Published: January 2015 + January 2017
Your Experience Before Working With Me
- What were you doing for book design prior to working with me?
Before, I was working with another company in the UK who we outsourced graphic design to.
- Summarise three points of frustration you faced?
Length of time the work took.
The number of errors in the work.
Potential for better design.
- What was the big “a‑ha” moment when you realised that you needed a professional book designer?
Just knowing things could in theory be better, and lots of the errors seemed to be things that I could have picked up myself.
- How did you hear about my service?
Thorough internet search
- Why did you choose me over other design options?
Friendly, professional, and initial great ideas that just needed to be followed through!
Your Experience Working With Me
- Describe your experiences working with me?
My experience of working with Sam has been excellent. She managed a careful balance between listening, and applying her professional experience to produce literally award winning designs for not one but two textbooks.
- What element of my service do you feel helped you the most?
Rapidly responding to queries, and always putting excellence first, no matter what.
- How does my service differ from other designers you have worked with in the past?
The biggest difference has been the overall quality: with Sam’s designs, we have won multiple awards for the design of “The Unofficial Guide to Medical Research, Audit and Teaching”, and for “The Unofficial Guide to Radiology: 100 Practice CXRs”. This takes expertise, attention to detail, and excellence communication skills: all of which Sam has in abundance!
- What was your initial reaction when you received your finished books?
Extremely happy: way beyond what I thought was possible, and very beautiful, and functional
- How many books have you sold so far?
50,000 as of April 2018
- What has been the general reaction of your readers to the book?
They have loved it! Literally no complaints!
- How much of that success would you attribute to the design?
Design is key to functionality, and to engagement, so the book wouldn’t have been successful without such a brilliant design
- What 3 words would you use to describe your experience working with me?
- What is the single biggest reason you would recommend my service?
Bespoke designs, tailored to your needs, giving you designs in line with your vision, but beyond your competence!